Life Design initiative gifted funds for expansion

Math and Science Building on BGSU Campus

Olivia Vallandingham | Reporter

Thanks to the generosity of alumni philanthropists Geoff Radbill and Michael Kuhlin, BGSU’s new Life Design program received approximately $13.5M that will be used in its entirety to fund student success. 

The program connects students with Life Design coaches that aim to guide them through every aspect of their college journey and prepare them for the road ahead better than ever before. 

With the new funds, the university is broadening the program to make space for more students who want to take part in this unique opportunity. 

They also have plans laid out for a dedicated Life Design space, named the Geoffery H. Radbill Center for College and Life Design, in the Mathematical Sciences building. The area will be designed for students and coaches to collaborate face to face, and the project is scheduled to be completed in spring 2023.

Another facet of the expansion includes the dedication of space in the BTSU for career success. It is the Michael and Sara Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections, and it’s slated to contain resources for student internship experiences, workshops, campus and alumni employer engagement.

These additions are years in the making, and the university’s hope through these efforts is that the Life Design program will continue to evolve into a staple of a university already centered on success. To learn more about the Life Design program, email their team at [email protected] or visit their offices located on the second floor.