The Daily Press

Ben Cook | Reporter

The Sweet Shoppe, formerly located in the Market at Carillon Place, has found a new home within the Carillon Place Dining Hall. In its place is The Daily Press- the perfect place for the perfect crepe. 

Crepes are essentially thin pancakes that are typically favored for breakfast or lunch. They come with a variety of sauces and fillings, depending on the kind of crepe you desire. For The Daily Press, guests can choose between two different styles- sweet crepes or savory crepes.

Sweet crepes are made with a mixture similar to the consistency of a pancake or waffle mixture. Once cooked to a soft golden brown on each side, toppings such as marshmallows, bananas and chocolate chips can be added on top. The crepe is then carefully folded to contain all of your favorite toppings. The sweet crepes cost $5.49.

Savory crepes on the other hand are made with buckwheat, and are perfect for the piquant palette. They come with a variety of toppings such as sausage, scrambled eggs, ham, spinach, cheddar cheese, ranch and more. These fresh ingredients are constantly rotated in order to ensure the best possible quality. The savory crepes cost $6.49.

Regardless of what kind of crepe you choose, guests can pick up to four different toppings, along with one sauce for no additional charge. The Daily Press also provides a variety of complimentary newspapers, including the BG News. These newspapers will rotate out weekly as new issues become available. 

If you are interested in actually making the crepes, BGSU Dining is currently looking for eager employees to help run The Daily Press, which operates every Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.