Falcons Earn First Shutout of The Season, Tie Depaul 0-0.

Keira Ellenberger

Coming off a 2-1 win against Michigan, The Falcons were looking for their second win in a row as they welcomed the DePaul Blue Demons to Cochrane Stadium on Friday night.

The Falcons started out the match with intensity, registering eight shots in the first 16 minutes, testing DePaul goal-keeper Gandhi Cruz early on, who finished the game with seven saves. 

The Orange and Brown were without senior defender Kyle Cusimano, who suffered an injury early in the week and did not dress for the game.

The Falcons were hit with injuries during the match as well, junior midfielder Alberto Anaya went down in the 22’ and did not return to the contest. Fifth-year defender Josh Erlandson went down in a non-contact injury in the 66’ and did not return as well. 

BG thought they broke through with just two minutes left, fifth-year forward Nathan Masters headed home a ball from junior center-back Rodrigo Silva, but was ruled offside by the assistant referee.

DePaul was outshot by BGSU on the night 19-10, with the Falcons having eight shots on target to the Blue Demon’s three.

Senior goal-keeper Brenden Graves got his first clean sheet of the season, finishing the game with three saves on the night.

Next up, The Orange and Brown welcome Northern Kentucky to Cochrane to finish off their three-game homestand. The game is set for Tuesday, September 12th with kick-off at 7 p.m.  

For more information related to the team, follow us on X at @bg_fmsn.