Falcons split weekend series, falling to Michigan Tech 3-2

Drake Harlett
Eric Parker with the no-look pass

The Falcons and Huskies played another tight game tonight, with Michigan Tech walking away with a 3-2 victory.

Michigan Tech led by two in both shots taken and blocked shots, while Bowling Green led in faceoffs won, an area in which they have been superb this year. 

While both teams committed one penalty, they ultimately killed both, taking both teams to a 5/5 penalty kill this weekend.   

Bowling Green freshman goaltender Cole Moore and Michigan Tech goaltender Blake Pietila had impressive games for the second consecutive night. Pietila recorded a .939 save percentage, tallying 31 saves and allowing just two goals, which came in the second period. Senior forward Spencer Kersten and sophomore forward Brett Pfoh were the only Falcons to beat Pietila, burying their goals within two minutes of each other midway through the second period. 

Moore allowed three goals, one in each period. Sophomore forward Kash Rasmussen broke the 0-0 tie with a goal 15 minutes into the first period, followed by freshman forward Max Koskipirtti four minutes into the second. 

The game-winning goal came with six minutes left at the hand of freshman forward Isaac Gordon, who scored his ninth of the year and only goal of the weekend. Moore finished the game with a .914 save percentage and 32 saves, totaling 57 saves and allowing four goals on the weekend for a .930 save percentage. 

BG falls to 3-5 in the CCHA, completing a split with Michigan Tech in two tight games. The Falcons head back to Slater Family Ice Arena for Ferris State at home on December 8-9th. 

For more information related to the team, follow us on X at @bg_fmsn.