Stop the stress during finals week

During final exam season, we tend to forget to make time for ourselves and remember that we need a break. Here are a few things for students to remember as the semester is coming to a close. 
Holiday+Stress
Holiday Stress

Take a study break 

While studying for multiple tests at a time, it’s hard to remember to take time for yourself. Take a break to unwind and enjoy some of your favorite activities on campus. Many organizations are hosting fun events this week for students to de-stress during this busy time. The Office of Health and Wellness is hosting a pajama party at the Student Recreation Center on Thursday November 30th from 8-11pm for students to enjoy activities such as a PJ contest, yoga, a visit from the therapy dogs, and much more. It’s important to schedule in time for fun to avoid being burnt out. 

Prioritize mental health

There are many outlets on campus to receive support for any mental health concerns that may come about especially during this stressful part of the semester. The Counseling Center provides different services open to all students whether it’s talking with a counselor one on one or talking with other individuals in group counseling. 

Healthy habits 

While it’s common for college students to pull all-nighters, it’s important to keep your body well rested so that it can perform well. It’s recommended that students should be getting between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night. Along with staying awake, it’s also important to eat balanced meals to keep your energy up throughout the day. Remembering to stay active is essential in helping to get your mind off of the stress of finals. 

Ask for help 

Struggling with a class and need help for the final exam? It’s important to remember to ask questions and seek extra help if needed. The Learning Commons at the Jerome Library is located on the first floor and is there to help students get connected to tutoring services. They provide course based tutoring as well as academic coaching to help reach your personal goals. There are many resources to help succeed when the workload starts to pile up towards the end of the semester.