BGSU earns first sweep of season in 4-3 win over Ferris State

Josh Nodler going for the puck on faceoff

It was an exciting day for the Bowling Green Falcons as the team ended up completing their first sweep of the season in the form of a 4-3 win over the Ferris State Bulldogs. 

Forwards were the strength of the Bowling Green offense, scoring all four goals and registering six of nine assists. Josh Nodler found the net twice, capitalizing on two of four power-play opportunities.

Spencer Kersten earned his own goal in the the second period, coupled with Ryan O’Hara’s game winner with seven minutes left in a tie game.  

Goaltender Cole Moore continued to make his bid for starting spot in the crease with another 30+ save conference win. A 91.9 save percentage is Moore’s fourth game in a row and seventh on the season with a 90 or better save percentage. 

With O’Hara’s game-winner, Bowling Green finished a long awaited two-win weekend, their first since Jan. 13, 2023 against Bemidji State with 12 weekend series in between.

The team advances to 5-5 on the season, leaping Lake Superior State and tying with Northern Michigan for fifth place in the CCHA. 

BGSU heads into Monday now in preparation for the Bemidji State Beavers in Bemidji, Minnesota in another Friday and Saturday series.