BGSU commands ice, top Ferris State in 3-1 victory for weekend sweep

Jack Rintamaa
Jaden Grant (28) trying to get the puck through the wall of defenders

Both teams opted for different goalies in the second game of the series, but the outcome was the same for both teams. 

Bowling Green opted for Cole Moore in the crease, allowing only one goal and saving 26 shots. His counterpart, Noah Giesbrecht, allowed two goals and saved only 18 shots. The third goal was scored on an empty net in the final moments of the game. 

The Falcons beat the goalie twice, both times in the first period at the hand of Michael Bevilacqua, and Ben Doran. Bevilacqua scored just his second goal of both the year and of the weekend, while Ben Doran scored his third point of the weekend, two assists on Friday, and a goal on Saturday. 

With the 3-1 win, the Falcons completed their first series sweep of the season, and, with the three ranking points per win, half of BG’s 24 total points come at the expense of Ferris State. 

BG heads into Monday preparing for a series against Lake Superior State at home on Feb. 9-10.