Bevilacqua and Emerson named CCHA weekly honorees 

Keira Ellenberger

For the first time in their college hockey careers, Michael Bevilacqua and Quinn Emerson have won weekly honors. They are the fourth and fifth BGSU players to receive such awards, joining goaltenders Christian Stoever, Cole Moore, and forward Brody Waters 

Bevilacqua had the best weekend of all defensemen in the CCHA, and the best weekend of his college career. The freshman scored two goals, his first goal of the year as a game-winner on Friday, and the opening goal of the Saturday game. With an additional assist, Bevilacqua doubled his season points on Friday and surpassed it on Saturday, taking his total to two goals and three assists. 

Emerson performed the best out of all forwards in the CCHA, receiving his first Forward of the Week award. He recorded four points, three of which came on helpers, and had his stick-on over half of BG’s total weekend goals. Like Bevilacqua, Emmerson doubled his season point total, taking the sophomore to three goals and five assists. 

Bowling Green’s youth has continued to shine through, with three freshmen (Moore, Waters, Bevilacqua) and a sophomore (Emmerson) winning weekend honors from the conference. 

View Comments (1)
$1410
$1500