Huskies trounce Falcons in 7-0 slaughter

Jaden Grant (28) in a scrum with Michigan Tech

Bowling Green fans had a rough night in the Slater Family Ice Arena, unlike their neighbors down the street at the Stroh Center.

The Falcons did not play well, allowing seven goals from a team that on average scores only 2.62.  

Cole Moore had the start allowing five goals in 37 saves but received no help from his defense in front of him. He was relieved by Christian Stoever, who saved 12 pucks and allowed two goals, suffering from the same problem as Moore with his teammates. 

However, Michigan Tech played fantastic, allowing no goals, and controlling the puck almost the entire game.  

Blake Pietila allowed no goals in 28 saves, backed up with goals by six different Huskies and 10 players scoring points. The black and gold stunted BG 55-29 in shots on goal, the largest discrepancy of the season for the home team. 

“We did not play to our ability tonight to any degree,” said head coach Ty Eigner. “You have to give credit to Michigan Tech, there wasn’t a facet of the game that they did not beat us tonight.” 

BG now has a chance to even the weekend series tomorrow night, when the Falcons hit the ice once again against the Huskies at 7:07 p.m. from Slater. Prior to that, there will be festivities throughout the day and the game, including senior day and the honoring of the 1984 BGSU national championship ice hockey team.

Be on the lookout for the content related to those events on Falcon Media’s social media channels.