BGSU hockey’s Cole Moore earns CCHA Rookie of the Month honors

Lena Zielke
Cole Moore (34) blocking a shot

Goaltender Cole Moore sports yet another award, adding a second CCHA Rookie of the Month award to his already impressive first year. 

Moore is the cornerstone of Bowling Green hockey, stepping into a starting spot previously garnered by Christian Stoever. He played in 25 of 31 games this season. He has won three Goalie of the Week awards, as well as a previous Rookie of the Month award. 

February was arguably the best of Moore’s season, going 3-2-1 in the crease with wins over Ferris State, Lake Superior State, and St. Thomas. He combined 193 saves with only 11 goals allowed, taking his average to 1.8 goals against with a save percentage of .941. 

“As a staff, we are excited to see Cole get the recognition and are happy for him,” said goaltenders coach Dylan Schoen. “His daily preparation and dedication to honing his craft have been outstanding and it doesn’t surprise us that he is playing at the level he is currently playing at.” 

Moore and the Falcons battle the Northern Michigan Wildcats in Marquette, Michigan on Friday and Saturday. A BG sweep in this last series of the season clinches a home playoff game in Bowling Green.