Student Rec Center offers free events, services over summer

While campus is relatively quiet compared to the Fall and Spring semesters, the Student Rec Center continues to offer free and discounted services during the summer as part of the University’s Community of Care.

These include:

• Programming and services through the Counseling Center that include Let’s Talk sessions, workshops, drop-in groups and more. Calendar and details
  • The Strive for Five Challenge, a free five-week challenge open to BGSU students, faculty and staff designed to motivate, educate and inspire healthier habits. Participants earn points throughout the challenge by achieving daily goals. More details
  • BGSU faculty/staff/students can participate in unlimited fitness classes all summer for a discounted cost from May 16 to August 3. SRC membership not required. More details
  • Free Friday pickle ball for students, faculty and staff including complimentary equipment every Friday from May 17 to July 19 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. More details
  • Free 40-minute yoga sessions every Monday and Wednesday, May 20 to June 17 from 12:10 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. at Jerome Library. Participants are asked to bring their own yoga mat or towel.

May is Mental Health Awareness Month. BGSU’s Community of Care has compiled a downloadable guide to topics, behaviors and situations to be aware of and what actions you can take.