Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
September 21, 2023

• My Fiction Icks
    By Jay Grummel When you read as much as I do you start to notice common things in fiction that make you annoyed, upset  or even want to put down the book completely. I have a bad habit of not giving books much of a chance when they use some of these personal ‘icks’. However, […]
  • Poetry for Fall
    By Jay Grummel Poetry has a way of connecting us to the external and internal world. In poetry it is easier to feel a season and truly feel a piece due to this. Poetry has a subtle way of making the readers immersed into the world of the poem. With the air getting colder and […]

Hockey travels to Pittsburgh for Three Rivers Classic

The Falcons ice hockey team will have the week off before playing in the Three Rivers Classic on Dec. 27-28.

The tournament will be played at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. Boston College, Penn State University and Robert Morris University will also be in the two-day tournament.

On Dec. 27, Boston College will face BG at 4:30 p.m. and Penn State will face Robert Morris at 7:30 p.m.

The weekend competition will be the first non-conference games for the Falcons since playing Ohio State on Oct. 29.

The consolation and championship games will be played Saturday, Dec. 28 at 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

BG has an overall record of 8-8-4 and 6-6-2 in conference play.

Boston College has an overall record of 10-4-2 and has a 6-1-1 conference record.

Boston College is led by its head coach Jerry York, who was the head coach for BG during their 1984 NCAA championship season. He has more than 900 wins as a head coach during his career and has won four NCAA championships with Boston College including a 2012 championship.

Robert Morris won the inaugural Three Rivers Classic tournament title this past year, defeating Miami (OH) in the championship game. The Colonials have an overall record of 2-10-2 and are winless on the road this season.

Penn State skates into the series with a 3-9-1 overall record and are 0-2-0 in conference play. They beat tournament opponent Robert Morris 5-4 on Nov. 1.

BG is coming off a 4-4 tie in overtime this past Saturday night against Michigan Tech. The Falcons erased a two-goal deficit in the final three minutes of the third period in the WCHA weekend finale. BG received goals from skaters Mark Cooper, Dajon Mingo, Ben Murphy and Bryce Williamson in the tying effort. Sophomore goaltender Tommy Burke made a career high 43 saves.

The Falcons went 1 for 3 on the power play and 2 for 4 on the penalty kill. With the tie, the Falcons earned three of a possible four points on the weekend. The Falcons scored a total of seven goals this past weekend at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena against Michigan Tech.