BGSU announces dismissal of AD Moosbrugger

Former BGSU Athletic Director Bob Moosbrugger

Earlier today, President Rodney Rogers announced a change in direction for the BGSU Athletics Department.

Athletic director Bob Moosbrugger has been dismissed from the position he has held since 2016.

The President praised Moosbrugger’s work for the BGSU athletics community, noting his accomplishments such as “securing our baseball program’s future, navigating COVID-19, increasing our high GPA levels, and elevating the success of our volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, softball and women’s basketball teams.”

However, Rogers states, “…the need to increase and diversify resources and to refocus the holistic role athletics has on an institution, we need to consider new perspectives and strongly position BGSU Athletics for the future.”

Moosbrugger will be stepping down immediately, and current deputy athletic director Stacy Kosciak will serve as interim athletic coordinator. Potential permanent candidates for the position remain to be seen. 

For the full statement from the university, and for more information about BGSU Athletics, visit bgsufalcons.com