O’Sullivan wins, Falcons Finish Second Overall at Shirley Spork Invitational

Drake Harlett

The Bowling Green women’s golf team traveled to Ypsilanti, Michigan for the Shirley Spork Invitational on Monday and Tuesday.

The Falcons placed second out of the eleven teams in the invitational, shooting a combined 875 over the three rounds, which broke the BGSU record for lowest team score in a 54 hole tournament.

Ava O’Sullivan led the way for the Falcons, winning the individual honor in only her third tournament with BGSU.

O’ Sullivan shot a -8 (70-67-71-208), breaking the individual school record for a 54 hole tournament which was held by Susy Grunden since 2010.

Freshman Sammie Dolce recorded a career high performance, finishing inside the top five by tying for fourth with a +1 (74-72-71-217), while Mallory Swartz finished tied for 16th shooting +9 (78-70-77-225).

For O’Sullivan, she also broke the school record for the lowest individual score through 18 and 36 holes and the Falcons broke the BGSU record for lowest team score through 36 holes as well.

“I’m so proud of the team.” said head coach Erin Fahey. “They battled all the way down the stretch each round. Although we came up a few shots short of the team victory, I thought the team played very well.”

The Falcons are back in action on October 9-10 in Libertyville, Illinois for Loyola Chicago’s Parkinson Family Invitational.