Falcon Four: Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota Athletics

Bowl season is here and Bowling Green cannot be more excited for their matchup against Big Ten opponent Minnesota (5-7, 3-6 BIG) in the Quick Lane Bowl.

Here are your Falcon Four players to watch for Minnesota: 

1. Wide receiver Daniel Jackson (#9) – Daniel Jackson was the Golden Gophers leading Receiver this season being the favorite target as he caught for over 830 yards for 8 touchdowns. Those stats earned him all second-team Big Ten. Jackson will be a tough stop come Tuesday. 
  2. Kicker Dragan Kesich (#99) – Dragan Kesich was elected kicker of the year at the Big Ten honors this season as he was 100% on extra points and was 84.6% on field goals. Near automatic from all ranges as his ping this year was a 54-yarder in their game against Ohio State.
  3. Defensive lineman Tyler Nubin (#27) – Tyler Nubin was the quarterback of the defense this season for the Gophers as he had 34 solo tackles with one forced fumble and 5 interceptions on the year. Those stats earned him all first-team Big Ten. Throwing his way will be a mistake for any quarterback. 
  4. Running back Jordan Nubin (#30) – Jordan Nubin who is the brother of who we just talked about above. Jordan had a late start to the year as his debut was against Michigan in mid-October but once he got involved with the offense, there was no stopping him as he rushed for over 530 yards for 3 touchdowns on the year including a career-day versus Michigan State as he ran for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. on Tuesday, December 26.