Falcons win third in a row 6-3, shut down top Laker offense

Brett Pfoh (13) celebrating scoring the first goal of the night for the Falcons

One might have expected the number three ranked and highest-scoring team in the CCHA to end a game 6-3. 

But one wouldn’t expect that team to be on the losing end of the six goal effort. 

Bowling Green bookended the game, scoring two goals in the first period, and three goals in the third. 11 different players scored points for the Falcons including two-assist games by Seth Fyten and Jaden Grant, alongside a career-high two-goal game and an additional helper by sophomore Quinn Emerson. 

“We were really focusing on playing really aggressively against this team,” Emerson said. “It’s been working out so we’ve got to continue that going forward.” 

BG stifled the Laker’s offense, allowing three goals, but maintaining possession enough to set up a shorthanded goal by Dalton Norris and another penalty kill against the best powerplay team in the CCHA. 

Christian Stoever was a large part of the defense with 27 saves and only three goals allowed, one of which with a three-goal lead late in the third period. 

Head coach Ty Eigner got behind Stoever, defending his goalie, and the final goal that was allowed. 

“(Stoever) did a good job. I was frustrated by the last goal because it’s really easy at 5-2 for guys to take their foot off the gas. He can’t take his foot off the gas. I was hoping that game would end 5-2 for Christian.” 

Bowling Green now looks to earn a huge sweep with their second game of the series on Saturday. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:07 p.m.

To listen to last night’s game, click below to listen to the rebroadcast: