Falcons drop game one 7-3 against Hoosiers

Jaydon Romero
The team talking pregame before facing the Hoosiers

Bowling Green softball dropped game one of a three-game series in Indiana, 7-3, against the Indiana Hoosiers earlier Friday.  The Falcons out-hit the Hoosiers, but were unable to secure a win. 

The game started out with the Hoosiers scoring three runs in the first inning. IU scored their first run of the inning on a wild pitch. Then, with a runner on second and third with two outs, a throwing error by the Falcons allowed two runs to score and put the Hoosiers in front 3-0

In the bottom of the third inning the Hoosiers added another run after a solo homerun hit by Taylor Minnik to put Indiana up 4-0.  

The Falcons battled back in the top of the fourth inning by scoring two runs of their own. Captain Peyton Dolejs singled to score Hannah Hunt, who singled earlier in the inning.

Later in the inning with two outs, Cameron Kaufman reached on a fielding error by the Hoosiers which allowed Dolejs to score and make it a 4-2 game.  

The Hoosiers answered back immediately in the bottom of the fourth inning. With a runner on, Brooke Benson hit an RBI double to score a run. The very next batter, Cora Bassit hit an inside the part homerun to score two more runs for the Hoosiers to go up 7-2.  

Bowling Green was able to score one more run in the top of the fifth inning after Hannah Hunt hit an RBI single to score Peyton Steffes, who singled earlier in the innings. 

Unfortunately for the Falcons, there would be no more scoring and the Falcons dropped game one.

Reagan Williamson stood hot at the plate, going 2-4, while Taylor Turner pitched a complete game on the mound in the loss, only allowing five earned run.