Losses mounting for struggling Falcons in 3-0 shutout to Bulls

Bowling Green, OH- Falcons Sophomore Middle Infielder Hannah Hunt (2) preparing to catch the softball.

Bowling Green softball opened their Mid-American Conference schedule with a 3-0 loss to the Buffalo Bulls. 

Scarlett Anderson started the game for the Falcons in the circle while Alexis Lucyshyn pitched the MAC season opener for the Bulls.  

In the top of the first inning, the Buffalo offense got things rolling right away. After a leadoff walk to Madison Fernimen, a single from Abbey Nagel put runners on the corners with no outs. During the next at-bat, a passed ball allowed Fernimen to score and the Bulls to take a 1-0 lead. 

From that point on the game was scoreless all the way up until the sixth inning. Anderson did a great job working her way out of a threatening situation to keep the game at a 1-0 Buffalo lead. 

Lucyshyn got outs when the Bulls needed them most, knocking down any ball that came her way to save some hits from being allowed. The Falcons had runners on first and second with no outs in the third inning after back-to-back singles, but Lucyshysn was able to escape the jam and keep Bowling Green off the board.  

In the top of the sixth inning with one out and the bases for the Bulls, a deep fly ball out to right-center field was dropped by the Falcons which allowed two runs to score and Buffalo to hold a 3-0 lead. 

That would be all Buffalo needed as Lucyshyn went on to pitch a complete game shutout to secure the win for the Bulls. 

BG returns to the field to face the Bulls at Meserve Field for a Saturday doubleheader. First pitch of game one is scheduled for 1 p.m.