Ellie Price returns as Bowling Green softball drops mid-week doubleheader

Jack Rintamaa
Bowling Green, OH – Game 1 Falcons sophomore outfielder Delaney Davies (8) and sophomore second base Wynnie Reid (1) discussing the play with their coaches as they get ready to take the plate at Meserve Field in Bowling Green, Ohio

Bowling Green softball got swept in a mid-week doubleheader yesterday against the Miami University RedHawks, losing 10-0 and 9-0. 

GAME ONE 

In the top of the first inning, the Falcons allowed the first run of the game to score after three walks and a catcher’s interference. 

Reagan Bartholomew hit a solo home run in the second inning to give the RedHawks 2-0 lead. 

The third inning was the only inning where the Falcons were able to keep the RedHawks off the scoreboard. 

In the fourth inning, Jenna Golembiewski hit a sacrifice fly that scored a run to make it 3-0 Miami. 

An inning later, Kate Kobayashi hit a solo shot to right center field to score another run. Later in the inning with the bases loaded, Hadley Parisien hit a ground ball to the second baseman that scored a run to make it 5-0 RedHawks. 

The game got away from the orange and brown in the sixth inning, where the RedHawks would score five runs. After scoring two runs earlier in the inning, the RedHawks had runners on first and third with a 7-0 lead. Bartholomew would hit her second home run of the game and walk the game off with a three-run homerun to secure the 10-0 win. 

BG was unable to record a hit in the contest. 

GAME TWO 

Game two was very similar to game one as the Falcons were run-ruled 9-0 against Miami. 

In the second inning, Bartholomew hit a solo homerun to score Miami’s first run of the game. 

Golembiewski hit a solo homerun for herself in the third to give the Redhawks a 2-0 lead. 

Still in the third, with two outs and two runners on, Sami Bewick doubled to left-center to score two more RedHawk runs to give Miami a 4-0 lead. The next batter, Bartholomew, followed up with a double of her own to put the Falcons down 5-0. 

In the fourth inning, Kobayoshi hit a two run homer to put the Falcons down 7-0. 

The Redhawks walked the game off in the fifth inning after Holly Blaska hit a two -run homerun to put Miami up 9-0 to secure the win over the Falcons. 

On the brighter side in this game, Ellie Price made her first appearance of the year in the circle for the Falcons after going down with a back injury last season. It had been over a year since Price toed the rubber for the Falcons.