Falcon softball swept in Saturday doubleheader by Ball State

Jack Rintamaa
Bowling Green, OH – Falcons sophomore pitcher Mackenzie Krafcik (11) pitching down to a Zips batter to lead the Falcons to their 7-6 win at Meserve Field in Bowling Green, Ohio

The Bowling Green Falcons dropped both games of a Saturday doubleheader against the Ball State Cardinals, 7-1 and 10-0 respectively.

GAME ONE 

The Cardinals jumped on the board after a two run shot put them on the board first. Later in the inning, two more runs would come across the score after walks and timely single would plate two more Cardinal runners to put Ball State 4-0 after one.  

BG’s at-bats continued to provide struggles, only scoring one run in the two games played. That one run came across to score after Delaney Davis hit an RBI single in the top of the second inning to make it a 4-1 ball game.  

In the third inning, the Cardinals added three more runs to put the Falcons at a 7-1 deficit.  

The seven runs would be enough as Ball State would secure the victory over the Falcons.   

GAME TWO 

Game two was another tough game for the Falcons as the Cardinals took the second game 10-0 to sweep the doubleheader.  

Ball State started the game jumping on the board immediately, scoring five runs in the bottom of the first inning to put the Orange and Brown down early.  

The hitting was contagious for the Cardinals as they would score in bunches, putting four more runners across home plate in the bottom of the third inning going up 9-0.  

BSU added one more run in the fourth but the game ended in the fifth inning due to run rule.  

The Falcons only had one hit in the game that came in the first inning from Peyton Dolejs