Brady Pavernik leads way as Falcons finish sixth in the Highland Meadows intercollegiate tournament

The Bowling Green men’s golf team hosted the Highland Meadows intercollegiate tournament in Sylvania at Highland Meadows golf course on Monday and Tuesday.

BG finished near the middle of the pack in sixth out of 11 teams, shooting +12 throughout the course of three rounds. 

Minnesota took first place with a score of -19, beating out the second-place team by nine strokes. 

Junior Brady Pavernik lead the way for the Falcons as he shot +1 (71-73-70-214), which was good for a top 20 finish. Pavernik finished sixth in the whole tournament with pars as he scored 38 throughout the three rounds. 

Luke Evans wasn’t far behind Pavernick as he shot a +4 (72-73-72-217), which was good for a top-25 finish. Evans recorded an albatross on hole nine in round three of the tournament. 

Darin Hudak shot a score of +6 (77-69-73-219), which had him tied for 36th overall. Hudak eagled hole nine in both rounds two and three. Those two eagles led the entire tournament.

Sophomore Ethan Irvine was also tied for 36th as he also shot a +6 (73-71-75-219).

Rounding out the team results was senior Thomas Bell as he shot +10 (74-76-73-223), which put him tied for 38th place. 

For the individual results, Senior Brandon Rattray tied for 25th as he shot +4 (76-68-73-217). Following Rattray was senior Dylan Fitchet with a score of +10 (74-76-73-223), which tied him for 38th. 

In regards to Mid-American Conference opponents, the Miami Redhawks led the way by posting a score of -9 which placed them on the podium with a second-place finish.  The Ohio Bobcats took seventh with a team score of +14. 

The Falcons gear up now for the MAC tournament next weekend( April 26-28), in Westfield, Indiana at The Club at Chatham Hills.