BGSU baseball’s Isaiah Seidel named MAC Pitcher of the Week 

The Falcons have tallied seven weekly conference awards this season 
Drake Harlett

Bowling Green baseball senior Isaiah Seidel has been named Mid-American Conference (MAC) Pitcher of the Week.

The nod marks the first weekly honor for Seidel this season and the seventh for the Falcons this year. 

Sophomore right-hander DJ Newman and junior left-hander Nic Good were previously named MAC Pitcher of the Week on Feb. 26 and March 11, respectively. Meanwhile, senior infielder Tyler Ross, senior outfielder Jack Krause and junior outfielder Nathan Archer have received MAC Player of the Week recognitions this season. 

Seidel was dominant in the Orange and Brown’s 3-1 victory over Toledo at Steller Field on Thursday, earning his second win of the season.

The right-hander threw three scoreless innings, allowing just one hit and walk while striking out two Rockets.  

Next, Seidel and the Falcons will compete for a MAC Tournament Championship in Avon this week, entering the tournament as the top seed. They will begin by facing the lowest remaining seed in the winner’s bracket at 2 p.m. on Thursday.