Alum just an Average Joe running for president … again

Courtesy Joe Schriner
Joe Schriner (BGSU Class of 1978) is running for president again.

Independent presidential candidate Joe “average Joe” Schriner is running for president … again. 

This will be his seventh time running for president. He first declared running for president back in April 1999.  

Schriner graduated from Bowling Green State University back in 1978, with a major in journalism and a minor in creative writing. With these accomplishments, he decided to travel the country and interview and see people’s stories from every view he could on the state of the country/world.  

“I spent 10 years on the road and to all corners of the country, interviewing people who all did amazing things to help the country,” said Schriner. “Helping the environment, homeless, and lowering crime rate, after all these interviews I thought I had a pretty sound template to create some of the change needed for the country.”  

That decade resulted in a large volume of work. 

“I am about 1,000 newspapers in and 250 articles with everything in my career,” said Schriner. 

H added his resume and having witnessed events across the country makes him best-suited to represent the average American.  

“It has been seven election cycles that I have run in and what keeps going is that I plant a whole lot of seeds in town to town about things I research, in hopes that people will spread the word I have witnessed in this country,” Schriner said. 

Shriner said his first move if elected president might be a surprise as it would be the first of its kind since George Washinton the first United States president.  

“There is a good possibility I wouldn’t move into the White House, I would move into the inner city of Washinton D.C. to set an example that I would not be abandoning the people,” said Schriner.