BG golf team’s look to improve at Oakland Invitational

The Bowling Green women’s golf team is set to participate in the Oakland Invitational in Rochester, Michigan this weekend on Sept. 27 and 28.

BG looks to continue its great play as they are coming off of a third place finish at the Cardinal Classic on Monday and Tuesday in Yorktown, Indiana. BG hopes that the excellent play from sophomore Fran Rodriguez continues as well. Rodriguez turned in a score of 74 [+2] which was followed by a score of 73 [+1]. Overall Rodriguez finished with a score 147 [+3] which was enough for third place.

Another Falcon who hopes to improve her play is senior Patricia Holt. Holt posted a top-15 finish at the Cardinal Classic after recording rounds of 77 [+5] and 75 [+3] to finish with a combined score of 152 [+8].

Senior Shelby Wilson and junior Hannah Lewis finished in a tie for 22 overall. Wilson had scores of 78 [+6] and 76 [+4] and that gave her a combined score of 154 [+10]. Lewis had an overall tournament score of 154 [+10].

Overall the falcons want to carry this momentum from the Cardinal Classic and translate that into a solid performance at the Oakland Invitational.

The Bowling Green men’s golf team looks to bounce back from a sub-par performance at the Rees Jones Intercollegiate. The Falcons struggled overall as a team as they posted an overall team score of 937 [+73] for the entire tournament. That resulted in an 11 overall finish for the Falcons.

The Falcons top scorer was once again sophomore Jose Narro who finished with a combined tournament score of 228 [+12] that placed him 23.

This is a team that knows that this was just a hiccup this season because this is the same team that finished for a seventh-place tie overall with a combined team score of 872 [+20] at the Joe Feaganes Marshall Invitational.

Narro also knows his potential because he actually won that tournament.

Head Coach Kevin Farrell also knows that this wasn’t the best event for his team.

“As a team we did not play well at all for the entire tournament,” said Farrell. “We had a few good rounds, but have got to find a way to have our entire team put together some solid rounds. Consistency for us has got to improve across the board. We will regroup and come out better prepared to play next week at the Badger Invitational.”

The Falcons should be expected to turn in a solid performance this weekend.