Little Caesars opens in downtown Bowling Green

Little Italy is coming to Bowling Green with the opening of another pizza place in the city. Yesterday, Little Caesars celebrated their grand opening, with the new store located near Kroger’s on North Main Street. Mike Wrobel is the manager of the new franchise store. He thinks pizza is real student food, and he can give them something different compared to Pizza Hut or Domino’s. ‘We offer the same quality pizza as the other restaurants,’ he said. ‘It’s only carry-out, but you don’t need to wait [for your pizza].’ Junior Amanda Caron had her first Little Caesars pizza Sunday night after a friend of hers got trained that night for the opening of the new store. ‘He brought some pizza with him, and the pizza tasted fine,’ she said. ‘There are definitely better places to get pizza, but you can’t ignore a $5 pizza, it’s just so cheap.’ Junior Justin DeJohn said Little Caesars is great for the money you spend on it. ‘I love Little Caesars,’ he said. ‘They had one back home [Hamilton, Ohio] and my summer diet was the $5 pizza. I will definitely go to the Little Caesars here in town, especially on the weekends and when I’m drunk.’ For Wrobel, the value of the pizza is a big issue. ‘Our pizzas are cheaper than other restaurants,’ he said. ‘But we do have quality pizzas with real cheese [made] fresh daily. Some people think that a $12 pizza from Domino’s tastes better, but I only want to say try it at least once.’ And though the creation of a new pizza place in Bowling Green will give students more options, sophomore Mary Thompson thinks over ten different stores is too much. ‘ But Wrobel said he thinks the question should be about the quality of the pizza, and not about the number of pizza places.