Womens basketball wins second straight at home

The BGSU womens basketball team recorded their second win in a row against Kent State at home on Saturday. They are now 3-4 in the Mid-American Conference and 7-9 overall.

Sydney Lambert and Rachel Myers lead the way for the Falcons with a solid performance in the backcourt. Lambert ended the contest with 20 and Myers with 15. They were the only players in double digits for Bowling Green.

The duo was lights out from behind the arc, combining for 11 makes out of 15 attempts from long range.

The three point shooting overall proved a valuable asset against Kent State as the team shot nearly 52 percent from behind the arc.

After trailing in the first quarter by two, BG was able to regroup defensively and held Kent State to 11 points in the second quarter.

The Falcons continued with their defense in the third quarter, holding Kent to 11 to open the second half.

The Falcons were also aggressive to open the quarter, scoring 25 points against the Kent State defense.

The BG bench gave solid contributions as guard Carly Santoro ended with 9 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. Every member of the bench saw the court for playing time as the game went out of reach for Kent after the third quarter.

“After Wednesday’s win we were pretty excited. We just need to continue to have high emotion, high intensity and keep getting wins,” said Myers.

Myers also noticed the poise and confidence from her teammates, particularly after the first quarter.

“We started shooting the ball well after the first quarter and I think we just had the momentum throughout the game,” she said.

Meanwhile, head coach Jennifer Roos was satisfied with the team’s effort and impressive shooting form behind the arc.

“Everything is about effort and we got that today,” Roos said. “When you make shots you’re going to play better on both ends of the floor.”

The team will aim to go for its third straight win in the MAC as they host Eastern Michigan on Wednesday at the Stroh Center.

“I’m proud of our effort today, playing in front of our home fans as well as getting two wins in a row and we got a big game on Wednesday night against our western division rival Eastern Michigan,” Roos said.