Class of 2027 is breaking records

BGSU
Thursday’s rainy skies cleared in time for the university to welcome this year’s freshmen class with Convocation followed by the Flock the Block event.

BGSU’s Class of 2027 has only been in classes for one week and they are already setting records.

According to BGSU’s Vice President of Enrollment Management Cecelia Castellano, the Class of 2027 is the one of the largest classes to ever walk through BGSU’s doors, as well as have one of the highest incoming cumulative GPA’s for an incoming class.

The Class of 2027 is 3,550 students strong and holds an incoming cumulative GPA of 3.68.

“The Class of 2027 is the highest-achieving freshman class in BGSU history. With an overall grade point average of 3.68, students in the Class of 2027 are well-prepared to be successful and have the support of a connected learning community with comprehensive opportunities. We look forward to their success at BGSU,” said Castellano.

Some students are ready to see not only their own success, but their classmates as well.

“I’m very excited to be part of the incoming class. I think we are going to do great things. We are a record breaking class, and I think we are all going to graduate. Not one person is going to drop out, and we are going to succeed,” said Chase Willoughby, member of the Class of 2027.

Many students say they had no idea the Class of 2027 was breaking records.

Others say they are thrilled to be a part of the Class of 2027 and to be a Falcon.

“I’m feeling great about being a BGSU student. The class of 2027, I think we are going to do amazing things here.,” said freshman Nicholas Patterson.

Besides academic rankings and overall class size, Castellano says the Class of 2027 is raising the bar for other enrollment marks as well.

“The Class of 2027 is composed of students from diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. This fall, BGSU is seeing a 12% increase in the number of new, first time out-of-state students enrolling at the University. Additionally, BGSU welcomed students from Vietnam, India and Nepal to join our inclusive learning community,” said Castellano.

Some students in the Class of 2027 say another record for the books is how welcoming the BGSU community is.

“I love the friendly environment that BGSU offers and how everyone is accepted as a new incoming class. I would like everyone to experience the environment as well, because it is such a good environment,” said freshman Allison Hoffman.

BGSU is looking forward to the success of all of the Falcons on campus, new and returning, as well as the next generation of Falcons.

“By highlighting our compressive opportunities and demonstrating our commitment to student success, BGSU is now welcoming its second-largest class in seven years and the University’s largest since the global pandemic. We look forward to continued enrollment growth going forward,” Castellano said.