Otten records first career triple-double as Falcons in four sets to Rams

Drake Harlett

Despite relentless effort, multiple comeback attempts in sets, as well as a personal career mark for Amanda Otten, Bowling Green just didn’t have enough.

The Falcons fell to the Colorado State Rams last night in Fort Collins, Co., in four sets to fall to 4-3 overall this season.

The Rams got off to a quick start, taking the opening set of the match, 25-19, behind a dominant 9-0 start.

However in the second set, BG got their mojo back, taking the set 25-21, powered by a 4-0 closing run while tied at 21 apiece to even the match.

The third set however was pure dominance by the green and white, as they took the set in commanding fashion, 25-14, behind a 13-4 start and maintaining a comfortable five to nine point cushion consistently throughout the set.

Where the highlight of the match came was in the final set, the fourth, where despite an intense back-and-forth between the two teams at the 23-23 point of the match, CSU was able to take the set and match, 31-29.

Even with the loss however, head coach Danijela Tomic was ultimately pleased with her team’s grit and resiliency.

In fact, she even acknowledged it publicly on X:

For the orange and brown, Otten recorded her first career triple-double, ending the night with 17 kills, 13 assists, and 11 digs, while also pacing the Falcon service line with three aces.

Junior Hannah Best made her first appearance of the season last night as well, ending the night with four kills and six digs. Jaden Walz led the way in assists for the Falcons with 23.

Meanwhile for the Rams, Malaya Jones led the way in kills with 19, while Emery Herman racked up 47 assists.

The orange and brown are back in action Friday, Sept. 8, at 5 p.m. EST against Pacific.

Due to travel restrictions, Falcon Media Sports Network is unable to make the trip out with the team, but Steve Iwanek will be back with them the rest of the way starting on Sept. 15.

For more stories and information related to BGSU Athletics, follow Falcon Media Sports Network on X (@bg_fmsn).