Falcons jumpstart Thanksgiving with win over Mountain Hawks

Bowling Green women’s basketball had their second game of the Savannah Hoops Invitational on Thanksgiving morning. They took the floor against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, who had beaten Marist in their first game of the tournament.

The game against Lehigh also marked the return of Bowling Green’s Morgan Sharps, who had been out with an injury since the regular season contest against Toledo last season.

The first quarter was a fast-paced shootout, both teams hitting their shots with relative ease as the first quarter ended 29-24 with Lehigh on top.

In the second quarter, Bowling Green continued the scoring pace scoring 21 while stepping up defensively and holding the Mountain Hawks to just 12 in the quarter, giving the Falcons a 45-41 lead at halftime.

Bowling Green never looked back after halftime as the held the lead for the remainder of the game, coming away with a 85-73 victory and handing Lehigh their first loss of the season.

The Falcons shot over 52% on the day with double digit scoring performances from: Lexi Fleming (22), Erika Porter (20), Morgan Sharps (15), and Amy Velasco (14). Fleming also lead the rebounding category with seven and Paige Kohler added in six assists.

Now that the Falcons have concluded their four game road stretch, they return home to take on the Duquesne Dukes on Monday, November 27, tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.