Bowling Green volleyball adds outside hitter Marin Dunaway to 2024 class

Drake Harlett
Danijela Tomic celebrating with the team after the win.

Earlier Tuesday morning, Bowling Green volleyball and head coach Danijela Tomic announced the addition of outside hitter Marin Dunaway to the 2024 class.

“We are thrilled to welcome Marin to BGSU Volleyball!” said Tomic. “As a program that values character, athleticism, and competitiveness, Marin is a perfect fit. She possesses all the attributes necessary to develop into an excellent collegiate outside hitter. We are excited to see Marin’s growth and contributions to our program’s future successes.”

Dunaway comes to BGSU after spending her high school career at North Allegheny High School in Pittsburgh. While with the Tigers, Dunaway earned three varsity letters, and was named First-Team All-State, First-Team All-Section and First-Team All-WPIAL in 2023.

“Choosing to play volleyball at Bowling Green State University was not only the right choice, but was an easy one to make,” said Dunaway. “I felt an immediate connection with my future teammates and coaches, and just knew BG was where I belong. I loved the campus, the facilities and everyone I met was so welcoming. I can’t wait to compete alongside these talented athletes and continue the success this program has worked so hard to achieve. I’m very proud and excited to be a Falcon.”

The last name Dunaway is not unfamiliar to BGSU too, as Marin’s father, Mark, played football for the orange and brown in the mid-1990s. Marin’s grandfather, Charles Dunaway, played football and tennis for Slippery Rock, while two of her uncles also competed at high levels of athletics, with Matthew Dunaway playing football for the United States Naval Academy and Jake Cuffman being drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 14th round of the 2003 MLB Draft.