Falcon tennis finds success down south

Drake Harlett
BGSU vs UIC

The Bowling Green tennis team took to the road over spring break for three games, where they found success, winning two of three of their matches.  

Action began Monday in Lake Nona, Florida, where the Falcons found an early stride in this three-game stretch, dominating the University of Mary 6-1. 

All three of the doubles teams for the Falcons took victories in their respective matches on Monday.  

Upperclassmen athletes showed out in these doubles matchups, with senior Eloise Saraty and Ioanna Tsadari winning their matchup 6-2. 

Seniors Lucy Furness and Hannah Neuman also won their match with a decent margin of 6-3. 

Furness would also come through in her singles matchup (6-4,6-0), joining the four other Falcons that won their respective singles matches.  

On Tuesday, the Falcons’ next stop on this trip would prove to be a bump in the road as they would drop their second game to Howard University 5-2. 

A bright spot for BGSU was the continued consistency of their senior play. The team of Tsadari and Saraty picked up another doubles win 6-2.  

Neuman also showed out for the seniors, winning her singles matchup (6-2, 6-2). Freshman Brynn Chaffee was the only other Falcon to win their singles match on Tuesday (6-3,6-7 (5) 10-6).  

On Wednesday, the Falcons traveled to Cocoa Beach, FL. for the final match of this spring break road trip. That match would be against North Carolina A&T State University, a match they would win in a close victory 4-3.  

To start the day, Neuman and Furness bounced back from the previous two matches with a 6-3 doubles victory.  

Saraty and Tsadari lost their doubles matchup in a close battle 7-6 (2), but freshmen Tia Clemens and Chaffee won their match by default, giving the Falcons the point in doubles competition.  

The singles competition had been controlled by the Aggies in the matches that were able to be played, 3-1, but two of the matches being default wins for the Falcons made the singles score 3-3 and the overall game score 4-3 in favor of the Falcons.  

BGSU looks to carry this momentum into their next match back in Ohio as they face off against the University of Buffalo on March 15.