Trump’s travel ban hurts media

President Donald Trump has enacted several controversial orders, but the immigration ban that he has signed into action looks to be the most wide-reaching.

It suspended all refugee resettlement into the country for the next four months, and indefinitely halted refugee admittance from Syria. It also suspended entry of citizens from seven majority-Muslim nations — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen (Spangler) for three months. People have already seen how this has affected the world in only a little over a week’s time.

The ban has resulted in outcry from citizens and certain politicians. On Friday, a federal judge in Washington temporarily blocked the executive order barring immigration and refugee entry. However, Trump and his team are working to appeal this ruling. If successful, there are many people and specific industries that could be affected, particularly within the eSports community.

One of the leading players in the “Super Smash Bros.” fighting game community, Mr. R, who has been ranked in the top 10 of the PGRV2, is now unable to enter the United States and compete in tournaments. Mr. R has already paid for his spot in the recent Genesis 4 tournament, and was looking for a sponsor.

Unfortunately, he will be unable to attend if Trump’s policy is reenacted.

Another person who may be affected is professional “Dota 2” player w33, who plays for Digital Chaos.

TI7 is one of the major tournament in the Dota 2 eSports community, and it has been speculated that the event will be moved to Vancouver.

If this were to happen, then w33 would be unable to return to the United States after leaving for the tournament if the block is lifted.

Vlambeer, developer of “Nuclear Throne and Luftrausers,” co-founder Rami Ismail has spoken at length about this topic.

At the Game Developers Conference, Ismail had planned on meeting with five developers, but now they are not able to attend the event.

Vlambeer donated all revenue that they made to American Civil Liberties Union, ending on Jan. 30.

The film industry has also been affected by the immigration ban.

Most notably impacted is director Asghar Farhadi. Farhadi has been nominated for an Oscar for best foreign language film, “The Salesman,” which was filmed in Iran.

Due to the immigration ban, Farhadi would not be allowed to enter the US and attend the Oscars on Feb. 26.

The casting of movies and television shows could also be affected by this immigration ban.

The acting talents from those countries that have been banned from the US will may not be hired due to the possibility of them not being able to enter pending the legality of the executive order.

Many big names in the tech world have denounced the immigration ban.

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, Google CEO Sundar Pichai, Elon Musk, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Apple CEO Tim Cook are only a few of the names that have denounced the new policy.