Chocolate chip skillet cookie for two (or one)

Chocolate Chip Cookie

If you’re looking for a new favorite treat, look no further. This chocolate chip cookie is unimaginably good. I personally cook it after watching my favorite soccer teams finish playing a game late in the day or after going to see a movie. However, you can make it any time, like after a bad break up or the end of midterms. This recipe has become my favorite dessert.

Recipe from the My Evil Twin’s Kitchen website

Ingredients:

1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (store-bought or homemade)

1/4 cup butter, melted

(Unsalted butter works best for this recipe)

1 large egg yolk

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided

(I add Reese’s Minis — just chop them in half and fill up a ½ cup.)

Chocolate syrup to drizzle

Your favorite vanilla ice cream, for serving

Method to make

1 Preheat your oven to 350 F and generously butter a 6 1/4 inch mini cast iron skillet. If you don’t have such a skillet, you could use a 6 inch cake pan instead, but you may have to adjust baking time slightly.

2 Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well with a whisk until well combined; set aside.

3 In a separate mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until well combined.

4 Add the egg yolk, stir well, and then carefully stir in the flour mixture. Mix until completely combined, then stir in about 2/3 of the chocolate chips.

5  Transfer the cookie dough to the cast iron skillet and arrange it delicately with your fork, just so it’s evenly distributed across the skillet.

6 Sometimes, if I am using the Reese’s Mini method, I add a few chocolate chips to get some more chocolate in it. I think it tastes better without them, but if you want a richer experience, then that could help.

7 Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are puffed and browned and the center appears set.

8 Remove from the oven and press a few additional chocolate chips across the surface of the cookie, if desired; allow to cool for about five minutes.

9 Garnish the cookie with a great big scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with the chocolate syrup and serve with two spoons or one if you feel!