‘Women in Comedy’ set for night of laughter and philanthropy

Women in Comedy - Graphic courtesy of Lady Parts Comedy
Women in Comedy – Graphic courtesy of Lady Parts Comedy

Lady Parts Comedy is hosting the annual “Women in Comedy” show on Nov. 13. The event was canceled last year due to COVID-19.

It will be held at 7 p.m. in the BGSU Film Theater on the second floor of the Bowen-Thompson Student Union. Doors will open at 6:30.

Lady Parts is BGSU’s premier feminist improv team, and the show benefits Bowling Green’s domestic violence shelter for women, The Cocoon. “WomCom” show features sketch and improv comedy by Lady Parts, as well as featured professional stand-up and guest performances.

The show is a collaborative event with two other organizations on campus. AcousChicks, BGSU’s women’s a cappella team, will be opening the show with their very own set. And HerCampus will be hosting a period drive outside the show starting at 6:30 p.m., where anyone can donate unopened menstrual products to those in need.

The event will also feature all female and non-binary members of improv groups all across campus.

Admission is a suggested $5, and raffle tickets are 50 cents. The raffle prizes include gift cards to QDOBA, Kabob It, Easystreet Cafe, Grounds for Thought, Pisanellos, Rock Em Sock Em Retro, Juniper Brewing Company and more.

There are many amazing ways to donate at this year’s show, so you don’t want to miss out on a chance to see an amazing show for a great cause.