Texas A&M tops BGSU in straight sets, maintain undefeated record

The Falcons wrap up the Hampton Inn Invitational Saturday against Wright State
Keira Ellenberger

If you were at the Stroh Center on Thursday night, you felt the magic that was BGSU’s rally against Loyola-Chicago.

Friday’s match started to head down the same path; BG trailing two sets to none.

Unfortunately for the orange and brown, Texas A&M didn’t buy a ticket to a magic show.

The Aggies used a five-faced attack on the offensive end, powered by sophomores Logan Lednicky and Morgan Perkins to top Bowling Green in straight sets earlier Friday evening in day two of the 2023 Hampton Inn Invitational at the Stroh Center.

Texas A&M won the sets 25-20, 25-21, and 25-19 respectively.

Lednicky, Perkins and Caroline Meuth paced the A&M offense with nine kills apiece. Ifenna Cos-Okpalla and Bianna Muoneke added seven and six kills respectively.

Maybe it was the match from the previous night, or just the talent on display from the maroon and white, but BGSU seemed to be just a half-step behind, never being able to put together a momentum-building run to give themselves a cushion on the scoreboard.

Kat Mandly led the way in kills for the orange and brown with 11. Amanda Otten led the way in assists with 16.

The Falcons (3-2), wrap up the Hampton Inn Invitational Saturday, Sept. 2, at 2 p.m. against the Wright State Raiders.

Join Steve Iwanek on 88.1 FM WBGU beginning at 1:45 p.m.