Fastest Falcon Goal Ever jumpstarts big win over Chippewas

Drake Harlett
Maya Dean celebrates with her teammates after scoring her first goal of the night against Central Michigan. Dean’s goal 13 seconds in marks a new record for fastest BGSU goal ever scored in a match.

Bowling Green women’s soccer took to the pitch at Cochrane Stadium on Thursday night for a matchup against the Central Michigan Chippewas. With only three games left in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) regular season the Falcons entered the day third in the standings.

It didn’t take long for Bowling Green to get on the board as Maya Dean scored just 13 seconds into the match on an assist from Emilie Gardner. Dean’s goal breaks a 15-year old BGSU record for fastest goal to start a match, previous held by Corbie Yee who scored 19 seconds into a match against Xavier on September 21, 2008.

The Falcons would continue their offensive showcase scoring a total of five unanswered goals. The first two from Maya Dean, followed by two goals from Lacee Bethea, with freshman, Audrey Oliver scoring her first collegiate goal for the fifth of the night.

Central Michigan’s, Jaelyn Dobrowolski scored the lone goal for the Chippewas in the 80th minute.

The 5-1 victory propelled Bowling Green to second in the MAC standings after a Ball State loss, and also clinches a playoff berth in the MAC Tournament.

Next up for Bowling Green will be a showdown with the Ball State Cardinals on Sunday, October 22, at Briner Sports Complex in Muncie, Indiana; kickoff is set for 2:00 p.m. EST.