November 30, 2023

• Repairing the Family
    By Jay Grummel Earlier this month I wrote about fond families, however the holidays are made up of many different types of families. Some will be hostile and dysfunctional or some will be loving and understanding. Whatever your family looks like this season, it’s always nice to read about ones other than your own. So, […]
  • Review of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
    Let’s time-travel to the year 2012 and the world is raving about none other than Katniss Everdeen. I remember being in elementary school, begging my mother to let me dress up as her for my birthday. Now it’s over ten years later and I’m still just as excited for the new movie as I was […]

Falcons triumph in regular season finale

Samantha Peebles
Emma Stransky scored the game-winning goal against Northern Illinois on Thursday.

Bowling Green women’s soccer concluded the regular season portion of the 2023 schedule on Thursday against the Northern Illinois Huskies.

Lacee Bethea connected with Emma Stransky late in the first half for the lone goal in Thursday’s match. The goal mark’s Stransky’s third of the season tying her for third on the team in goals scored.

With the result, Bowling Green placed second in the regular season standings earning a quarterfinal round bye. The Falcons will take on the winner of No. 6 seed, Ohio, and No. 3 seed, Ball State.

As the winners of the Mid-American Conference (MAC) regular season, the Western Michigan Broncos will host the semifinal and final rounds of the 2023 MAC Tournament.

The semifinals will commence, Thursday, November second with the Ohio/Ball State against Bowling Green with kickoff set for 11 a.m. EST.