Falcons take interstate victory over Musketeers

Drake Harlett
Lexi Fleming (#25) dribbling towards the hoop.

Bowling Green women’s basketball took the road down I-75 to take on the Xavier Musketeers on Saturday. The Falcons headed into the game looking to get back into the win column after a 26-point loss against Texas State.

The Musketeers immediately jumped out to a 6-0 lead to start the game but Olivia Hill kept the Falcons in it in the first quarter scoring seven points, tying her career high in just ten minutes.

The second quarter was another that was tightly contested but saw Bowling Green with the advantage at the end of the first half 36-33.

The third quarter was highlighted by an eight point scoring run from Cincinnati native Lexi Fleming as she extended the Bowling Green lead to 12 before Xavier added a pair of baskets before the third quarter expired.

The Falcons stepped up defensively in the fourth quarter holding the Musketeers to just nine points and sealing a nine point victory on the road.

Fleming ended the afternoon with 21 points, seven rebounds, and five assists. Hill added in a career-high 12 points and Paige Kohler and Amy Velasco both added 15 points in the winning effort.

Next up for the Falcons will be a Thanksgiving week trip to Savannah, Georgia, for the Savannah Hoops Invitational. The Falcons will play Mercer on Wednesday, November 22, and Lehigh on Thursday, November 23.