Fenton’s contract not renewed, search underway for new softball coach

Drake Harlett
Candace Fenton-Bockbrader talking to media prior to event

Bowling Green Athletics have announced they are moving on from former Bowling Green softball head coach Candace-Fenton Bockbrader.

The announcement was made with a statement from Bowing Green Athletic Director Dereck van der Merwe regarding the non-renewal of the contract. 

“The decision to non-renew Coach Fenton-Bockbrader’s contract was made after a thorough review and evaluation of all aspects of our softball program. We have a consistent commitment to all of our student-athletes to put our programs in the best position for comprehensive excellence. The growth and success of softball is important to this University and Athletics Department. I would like to thank Candace and her family for their commitment to BGSU softball as a former student-athlete and then as a coach.”

Fenton spent two years as an assistant head coach at Bowling Green before being hired as the head coach before the 2023 season. Under Fenton’s time as head coach the Falcons had a 15-79 record in two seasons. 

BGSU Athletics also announced they will “immediately launch” their search for a new head coach.

View Comments (2)
$1410
$1500