Work continues on Harbor Freight store, expected to open this summer

Construction+continues+on+the+Harbor+Freight+Tools+store%2C+scheduled+to+open+later+this+summer.+
Staff photo
Construction continues on the Harbor Freight Tools store, scheduled to open later this summer.

Work continues on the new Harbor Freight Tools store at 1080 S. Main with a store opening expected this summer.

“We’ve been looking to open a location in Bowling Green for a number of years so that we can provide the tools and equipment at tremendous values to the community,” Trey Feiler, Senior Vice President, Real Estate and Construction for Harbor Freight Tools told BG Independent Media. “In addition to finding a great location, we were attracted by the availability of great associates in the Bowling Green area, and we look forward to having them join the Harbor Freight team.”

The store is expected to create up to 30 jobs in additional to seasonal positions. Last year, Fortune named Harbor Freight Tools the 10th among large retail employers. People can apply online.

Erick Smidt and his father launched Harbor Freight in 1977 as Harbor Freight Salvage, a small mail-order tool business in North Hollywood, California. Harbor Freight opened its first store in Lexington, Kentucky in 1980 and opened its 1500th location in April. The company employs more than 25,000 employees.

Harbor Freight touts its commitment to community, including its Harbor Freight Gives Back program.