Bowling Green Rite Aid closing by month’s end as part of corporate Chapter 11

A+customer+walks+into+the+Rite+Aid+on+South+Main+Street+in+Bowling+Green.+The+location+will+close+by+the+end+of+this+month+as+part+of+the+companys+Chapter+11+restructuring.+All+pharmacy+information+will+automatically+be+transferred+to+Walgreens+on+North+Main+Street.+
Staff photo
A customer walks into the Rite Aid on South Main Street in Bowling Green. The location will close by the end of this month as part of the company’s Chapter 11 restructuring. All pharmacy information will automatically be transferred to Walgreens on North Main Street.

According to a recent court filing, Rite Aid will close its Bowling Green location 722-740 South Main Street as part of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.

A Rite Aid pharmacy employee at the Bowling Green location confirmed the store will close by the end of the month and all prescription records will automatically be transferred to Walgreens. The Bowling Green Walgreens is located at the northwest corner of Poe Road and North Main Street.

Rite Aid announced plans to seek Chapter 11 protection this past October citing lawsuits and ongoing financial losses. In that filing, the company listed $8.6 billion in total debts and $7.6 billion in assets.

In addition to closing stores, Rite Aid liquidated some assets in recent months, including the sale of Elixir Solutions and and its majority stake in Health Dialog Assets.

Earlier this month, Fortune reported Rite Aid’s key lenders demanded a reduction in a reported $20 million payout to the company’s CEO before allowing the chain to exit bankruptcy.