UPDATE: Kermit’s announces that it’s reopened

Kermit’s Family Restaurant announced Sunday on its Facebook page it had reopened.

The Facebook post reads:

!! !! !! We are OPEN !! !! !!
Still no fried foods but we are definitely open!
Dine in or Pick up until 2:30pm!

Saturday the restaurant made another post: good morning, we will be open, but we did have to throw a lot of product away. & due to the weather conditions & the product I had to throw away, the fryer won’t be turned on today. Thank you so much for your patience & so sorry for any inconvenience.

Last Thursday, the restaurant posted that it would be closed due to kitchen maintenance and the heat.Friday it announced it will be closed until further notice.

The Facebook post reads:

!!ATTENTION!!!
WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
WE HAD HOPED THAT THE MAINTANCE ON OUR FREEZER YESTERDAY WOULD HAVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE BUT IT DID NOT.
THE HIGHER TEMPS HAS ADDED EXTRA STRESS ON THE REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS AND WE HAVE COMPLETELY LOST THE MOTOR!
AS WE ARE WORKING TO MOVE PRODUCT AROUND AND SAVE WHAT WE CAN WE ARE ALSO WAITING ON A REPLACEMENT MOTOR. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US AND WE ARE DEEPLY SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE.
We will post as soon as we are able to be re-open!

Katie Ladd took over as owner about six months ago. She told BG Independent Media she began working at Kermit’s when she was 14 and when owners Jim and Barb Maas said they were ready to sell, she jumped the opportunity.

“I’ve always wanted my own business,” she told the website. “There’s no better place than this.”

According to BG Independent Media: “The restaurant has a storied past, starting out as the Wagon Wheel, then Crankers, before it became Kermit’s (named after a grandfather in the Maas family) 37 years ago. “