Falcons fly high, hold Bobcats scoreless

Lexi+Czerwien.
Drake Harlett
Lexi Czerwien.

Bowling Green women’s soccer started their two game road trip on Sunday, in Athens against the Ohio Bobcats.

For Bowling Green, Emma Stransky cracked into the starting lineup just one game removed from scoring the game-winning goal to beat Akron.

Bowling Green would once again start with blistering pace out of the gates. They would find the back of the net first in just the 20th minute of the match on a goal from Lexi Czerwien. Czerwien’s first career goal gave BGSU a 1-0 lead.

The Falcons would strike again less than ten minutes into the second half by way of a Brynn Gardner goal, assisted by Emma Stransky.

The 2-0 lead would be to much for Ohio to handle as the Bobcats would only muster two shots on goal and were unable to score in the contest. This marks the fourth consecutive shutout for Bowling Green as they have yet to allow a goal during conference play.

With the BGSU win and a Kent State loss on Sunday, Bowling Green now sits solely atop the Mid-American Conference standings for the first time this season.

Bowling Green’s next match will also be on the road as they travel to Oxford to take on the Miami RedHawks; kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, October 5.