University: Former athletic trainer arrested for OVI is no longer employed at BGSU

BGSU released a statement indicating athletic trainer Olivia York is longer employed by the school.

This comes days after York’s arrest for an OVI with a breath alcohol content of 2.6 times the legal limit, according to BGPD.

“Olivia York is no longer an employee of Bowling Green State University,” the statement said. “BGSU is unable to provide additional information at this time.”

York, 25, was arrested early Saturday morning for a hit-skip and operating a vehicle while impaired after she allegedly struck a Bowling Green police cruiser and left the scene, according to a BGPD report.

York was the primary athletic trainer for the university cross country and track and field teams, according to the Bowling Green State University athletics website, which also indicated she previously worked as the primary athletic trainer for the volleyball and softball programs.

At approximately 2:09 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, two police cruisers were parked on Clough Street near South Enterprise Street with their emergency lights activated as the officers responded to a separate incident.

Olivia York

A vehicle, driven by York, was driving eastbound when the vehicle struck the back of one of the cruisers, traveled onto the sidewalk on the north side, and continued eastbound, according to police. The officer was outside of the cruiser and was not injured.

The second officer followed the vehicle to Clough Street and Manville Avenue. The officer reported smelling an odor of alcohol coming from the vehicle, which included four other passengers. At least two of the passengers are BGSU students.

According to the report, York had slurred speech which was not understandable at times, bloodshot, glassy eyes and poor fine motor skills.

After being asked why she believed she was being stopped, she said, “Yeah, I kind of clipped you and your partner,” the report said.

According to the report, York identified herself as an employee of Bowling Green State University.

After reportedly failing field sobriety tests, she was arrested and taken to the police station, where a breathalyzer test registered a breath alcohol content of 0.212, according to the report.

York was arrested and charged with hit-skip, also known as hit and run, failure to use caution for a stopped emergency vehicle and OVI.

She posted bond Dec. 4, and had her license suspended, according to court records.

Falcon Media continues to work on further updates on developing details.