College diet unhealthy

I am a really frugal person.

Any of you graduating seniors not buy groceries for a month, hoping to wait until you move out?

You really discover new ways to prepare the scraps you have into a meal. However, I did just eat a can of tuna for dinner the other night.

When I was nearly done, I remembered I had crackers and mayo that could have transformed into some dip. That’s literally all I have to eat for the rest of the week.

Oh and a slice of cheese, ketchup and mustard.

So I am frugal, and slightly lazy, now that I think about it.

I hope when I get my big boy pay check from my big boy job, I don’t keep up this habit.

The only time I got a real grocery list was the first weekend of junior year when I moved into an apartment.

One of the first things I bought was cookie crisps because I wanted cookies for breakfast.

You see what happens when I give myself free reign? I fricking get cookies for breakfast.

That was such a waste when I could have bought offbrand toaster pastries for so much cheaper.

So I limit myself to $20 everytime I go to the grocery store and eat about two meals a day.

Half the time I am too lazy to make food when I am at class or work so I just wait til I get home around 7 p.m. to eat my first meal of the day.

That’s probably why I weigh 128 pounds, having lost two pounds since entering college freshman year.

I think when I graduate, it’s time for a diet that doesn’t just consist of hot dogs, salami sandwiches and tuna.

Luckily, I’ll live within walking distance of two grocery stores.

I’m about to go ham on that grocery list … and probably order some ham.

Respond to Alex at