Rivalry match needs your support

Members of the BGSU student body and campus community –

I invite you to Make History Now! Tuesday evening, November 17 at 6 p.m., marks the 80th installment of the Battle of I-75 on the football field, and never before has there been so much riding on this epic rivalry.

Your Falcons have clinched the MAC East Division with an 8-0 conference record and earned a third straight trip to ‘BG North,’ a.k.a. Detroit. With The School Up North (TSUN) coming in with a conference record of 7-1, this game has national implications for both Universities.

WE NEED YOU, our student-body and loyal campus community, to come out in numbers never before seen to support your Falcons for victory! With a national television audience tuning in to see Bowling Green once again, it is up to all of us to join together and show the world what this great University and community is all about — right here in Bowling Green, Ohio.

This year has already seen many milestones for our football program – 2 BIG TEN wins; eclipsing 20,000 points all-time; back-to-back-to-back MAC East Division Championships; record setting offensive production – but we still have major accomplishments coming that we need your participation in, first hand, on Tuesday. They include:

– Redshirt Senior Travis Greene breaking the BGSU all-time rushing record established by Falcon great Paul Miles in 1974 (2 yards to go!)

– Redshirt Senior Matt Johnson passing for over 4,000 yards as he continues to LEAD THE NATION in passing yardage and passing touchdowns (45 yards to go)

– BGSU’s 40th victory all-time over TSUN (series record currently 39-36-4)

– Do you need more than simply the ability to BEAT TSUN!?!?

In addition to all of these exciting elements of this year’s Battle of I-75, BGSU also remains very much alive in the national conversation regarding a bid to one of the New Year’s Six bowl games — an achievement that would shine a positive light on both our University and Northwest Ohio.

To stay alive we need to continue to have success, and with your support there is no limit to how successful we can be! I sincerely hope that those without class conflicts will be able to join us for this very special evening.

This is a special rivalry game with TSUN. This is about tradition. This is about bragging rights. This is about showing the nation what Bowling Green State University and the Falcons are all about. Let’s go!

All the best on a safe and productive remainder of the fall semester and I look forward to seeing you all at the Doyt tomorrow night, 6p.m., #PackTheDoyt. Be part of what is happening at Your University — Honor The Past, Create The Future, and Make History Now!

GO FALCONS! TALONS UP!

BEAT TSUN!

Respond to Christopher at