Men’s basketball announces signing of 6-foot-11 center Preston Squire

BGSU Athletics

Bowling Green men’s basketball and head coach Todd Simon announced the signing of 6-foot-11 center Preston Squire on Friday afternoon.   

Squire is the second signing to be announced by Simon and the Falcons, joining second-generation Falcon guard Jaxon Pardon, who signed on Thursday.   

Squire will play the 2023-2024 season with Salt Lake Community College prior to joining the Orange and Brown next season.  

“Preston is a tremendously skilled player with size. He plays with a high motor and great instincts. Preston is a high IQ player that plays the game the right way,” Simon said. “His playmaking and shooting ability at his size is a mismatch nightmare for defenses. He comes from a strong lineage of coaches at all levels and has won at every level he has competed at.”  

In his junior year at Layton High School in Utah, Squire helped his team finish third in the state with a 21-3 record, averaging 11.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. He averaged 13.2 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists, and 0.9 steals per game during his senior season with the Lancers.  

Squire, who chose BG over the University of Massachusetts, Missouri State, and Idaho State, referenced his relationship with Simon and the coaching staff as a key factor in his decision to become a Falcon.  

“I chose BGSU because of the staff. I’ve had a personal relationship with Coach Simon and his staff since their days at Southern Utah,” Squire said. “I came out and had that instant connection with everyone and truly felt like a member of the family from my first moments during my visit.”

For more information related to the team, follow us on X at @bg_fmsn.