The Cardinals soar over the Falcons, Ball State dominates Bowling Green women’s tennis, 7-0

Perrysburg, OH – Falcons senior Lucy Furness returning a hard hit from the Cardinals at Perrysburg Tennis Center in Perrysburg, Ohio.

It was a quick start and finish at the Perrysburg Tennis Center, as the Ball State Cardinals (6-11) swept the Bowling Green State Falcons (7-10) by a score of 7-0. The defeat extended the losing streak of the orange and brown to four.  

The doubles slate ended as soon as it started, as the first (Hannah Neuman and Lucy Furness) and second (Ionna Tsdari and Isabella Baker) BGSU doubles team could only muster one victorious game between the two. Brynn Chaffee and Tia Clemens did not finish their match for a second straight match.  

Ball State dominated the singles slate as well, but Clemens continued to put on a show. Her match ended a half hour after her teammates involved a multitude of five-minute rallies.  

After going down 1-3 in the third set, the freshman roared back to take a 4-3 lead. Unfortunately, double faults and other errors would halt the comeback, as Clemens would fall 6-4, 1-6, 4-6. 

The Cleveland native has won at least one set in every singles match since Mar. 5 and is making a strong case to move up in the singles ladder.  

Next up for the Falcons is the Battle of I-75 against Toledo on Apr. 7 at 1 p.m. at the Perrysburg Tennis Center.