Golden Flashes complete home sweep against Falcons 

Jack Rintamaa
Bowling Green, OH – Game 2 Falcons freshman infielder Cameron Kaufman (12) taking a hit to the outfield at Meserve Field in Bowling Green, Ohio

The Bowling Green Falcons dropped the third and final game of the series against the Kent State Golden Flashes. 

Reagan Williamson opened the scoring in the second inning. Hitting a solo home run over the left field wall gave the Falcons a 1-0 lead. 

The score remained at 1-0 until the bottom of the third inning. With a runner on first and one out in the inning, Emily Lippe hit a two-run home run to put the Golden Flashes in front 2-1. 

Emma Denison started the game in the circle for the Falcons and finished her day after pitching three innings and allowing two runs. Madi Young came in to pitch the fourth inning for the Falcons. 

In the bottom of the fourth, a leadoff single and then an error led to runners on the corners with one out. The runner from first stole second, and the throwdown allowed them to score and make it 3-1. Later in the inning, with the bases loaded, Lippe hit a ground ball that scored a run to make it 4-1 Golden Flashes. 

The Golden Flashes kept the pressure on in the bottom of the fifth inning. With the bases loaded, Savannah Wing hit a two-RBI single to make it a 6-1 game. 

The Falcons were not able to score in the seventh, which meant that Kent State secured a 6-1 win over the Falcons. 

Next up, Bowling Green continues on the road to take on Youngstown State in a doubleheader on Wednesday, April 24th. With first pitch set for 3 p.m.