BGSU bounces back, fends off pesky Wright State in four sets

Lauryn Hovey and Jaden Walz each recorded a double-double for the Falcons
Drake Harlett

Sometimes you look great and lose, and other times you look bad and win.

Sure, BGSU was not “bad”, but there are still many aspects to clean up; but hey, a win is a win.

Bowling Green Volleyball grinded their way to a four-set win earlier Saturday afternoon, defeating the Wright State Raiders.

The Falcons got off to a fast start in the match, as despite having attack percentages 15% in both the first two sets, BG was able to fend off the Raiders 29-27 and 28-26 respectively.

However in the third, Wright State outclassed BG, commanding their way to a 25-15 set win, with BG only notching a 2.9% hitting percentage, compared the Raiders’ 41.9%.

In the fourth though, Jaden Walz came through, putting in 12 of her assists, as well as a huge kill to give BG their 24th point of the set, leading to the 25-22 match ending set win.

Walz and Lauryn Hovey each recorded a double-double, with Hovey putting up 15 kills and 14 digs, while Walz added 39 assists and 10 digs. Jessica Andrews and Kat Mandly added in nine kills apiece as well in the winning effort.

The Falcons now are off to Fort Collins, Co., where they will match up with Colorado State, Pacific, and Baylor on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday respectively.

For more information about the team and BGSU Athletics, follow Falcon Media Sports Network on X (@bg_fmsn).